From time to time, this happens when a 2008 R2 server restarts when it is configured with the RDS session host role. The icons for the applications that are published from the server no longer appear in the web portal. This can be due to missing WMI properties on the server itself. The fix:
– Start the WMI Control MMC snapin
– Right-click the WMI Control node and select properties
– Go to the Security tab
– Navigate to Root->CIMV2->TerminalServices
– With TerminalServices selected, click the Security button
– Ensure that TS Web Access Computers is in the list with Execute Methods, Enable Account, and Remote Enable set to “allow”
After this is done, I have had to restart the SH server and test again. If that does not help, restarting the WA server does seem to help.